Image via C&N.
Erica Shirley won the grand prize in C&N’s annual calendar photo contest with her photo of a pair of eagles along the Susquehanna River in Bradford County.
C&N’s annual calendar photo contest has concluded, with Erica Shirley of Painted Post, N.Y., earning the grand prize.
Each spring, C&N hosts a calendar photo contest for local amateur photographers. The winning photos are featured in the bank’s upcoming calendar. In August, a panel of C&N employees selected 12 photos for the 2022 calendar, with all employees voting on the grand-prize winner.
“As always, there was a lot of competition,” said Charity Frantz, Marketing Director at C&N. “We received so many great submissions it made it difficult for our committee to decide on only 12. We really appreciate all the local photographers who decided to enter, and we look forward to all the submissions for 2023.”
The winning photographers are awarded the first copies of the new calendar, $100 in cash, and other goodies. The grand-prize winner also receives the coveted cover spot on the calendar, a framed copy of their photo, and $300 in cash.
The 2022 winners and the month their photographs represent include:
- January: Jody Tice of Wellsboro
- February: Jeff Hoodak of Dushore
- March: Erica Shirley of Painted Post, N.Y.
- April: Sharon Tubbs of Athens
- May: Megan Hemling of Roaring Branch
- June: Linda Wilson of York
- July: Wade DeSantis of Troy
- August: Donna Sherwood of Dushore
- September: Marlo Carl of Westfield
- October: Cathy Straub of Emporium
- November: Ann Kamzelski of Wellsboro
- December: Deb Young of Mansfield
There were 18,000 copies of the calendar printed. They are now available for free in all C&N offices. Learn more.
Go to source article